AWS DevOps Engineer
Join our Team!
Join our Developer Productivity Team whose focus centres on creating tooling that streamlines development, testing, building, integration, packaging, and deployment.
As a DevOps Engineer your aim will be to make DevOps workflow more efficient and systems more stable. You will manage software deployments and releases and be key in the planning of complex systems changes and implementations, ultimately ensuring delivery of software is as smooth as possible.
You need to have…
- Hands on experience with AWS and strong understanding of AWS capabilities and limitations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: visualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Experience in installation and configuration of Jenkins, adding plugins, setting up roles, etc.
- Strong experience in shell scripting is required.
- Experience in creating scripts for reading, writing, creating and cleaning test data from files, databases and data streams.
- Good knowledge in setting up deployment pipelines using Jenkins and pre/post deployment hooks.
- Use your programming skills to automate operational tasks, deployments
- Participate in creating, developing, monitoring the deployment architecture for applications
- Implement monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts
- Innovate and help ongoing improvements around efficiency
- Drive root cause analysis process to help mitigate risk
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to use strong industry knowledge to relate to customer needs and dissolve customer concerns and high level of focus and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with good time management with ability to work with diverse teams and lead meetings.
What we look for…
- Drive: Passion and energy to implement quality technical solutions coupled with Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity.
- Commitment to Quality: Enthusiasm to produce world-class quality solutions.
- Customer Focus: Consultative approach to solving problems for customers. Master the art of outdoing the customer’s expectations. Best isn’t good enough, we endeavour to get better than the best.
- Communication: Superior communication skills. Ability to articulate clearly and immaculately regarding problems, solutions, risks, rewards etc. (in both verbal and written).
- Technical Skills: Love for technology. You have to be inherently passionate about technology.
- Business Acumen: Technology ultimately is used to enable the business. We look for people who understand how the businesses can be enabled through their technical solutions.