Business Analyst Software Development
Join our Team!
If you enjoy evaluating and analyzing data, creating solutions, communicating with a variety of people and have a good grasp of information technology, a career as a business analyst could be for you.
As a business analyst, you’ll work helping to manage change and plan for the future in line with company goals. This could be for one specific project, or as a permanent feature of the organization. You’ll need to understand the current organizational situation, identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs, usually (but not always) in relation to information and software systems.
You’ll need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the way Software works and the sector it operates in, as you will be helping the organization to develop its functions, services, and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
You will also play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties, acting as a ‘translator’ where necessary to incorporate how information technology can support the organization’s needs.
You need to have…
- Previous experience in Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- A degree in IT / Computer Science
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- General knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong ENGLISH written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties
- The ability to motivate others and lead change
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- A strong interest in business and business development
- A good understanding of information technology
What you will be doing…
- Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
- Perform quality assurance
- Define reporting and alerting requirements
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team
- Communicate key insights and findings to product team
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
- You could make significant change and impact within your role, making a substantial difference to the success of a company and the satisfaction of its employees, both of which can be very rewarding
- You will work to deadlines and juggle multiple projects, which gives lots of variety but can be stressful
- The role is largely office-based but may require travel to meet different internal and external stakeholders
- You will need to demonstrate a high level of professionalism
What we look for…
- Drive: Passion and energy to implement quality technical solutions coupled with Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity.
- Commitment to Quality: Enthusiasm to produce world-class quality solutions.
- Customer Focus: Consultative approach to solving problems for customers. Master the art of outdoing the customer’s expectations. Best isn’t good enough, we endeavour to get better than the best.
- Communication: Superior communication skills. Ability to articulate clearly and immaculately regarding problems, solutions, risks, rewards etc. (in both verbal and written).
- Technical Skills: Love for technology. You have to be inherently passionate about technology.
- Business Acumen: Technology ultimately is used to enable the business. We look for people who understand how the businesses can be enabled through their technical solutions.