Information Developer (Technical Writer)
Join our Team!
As a member of the Technical Writing division, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across multiple teams to provide rich content to meet the needs of our customers and support staff.
You will contribute to the design, production and delivery/completion of the whole product documentation sets and training materials.
You need to have…
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Good multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Thorough analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance.
- Experience with XML is a plus.
Some things you will be doing…
- Define the scope of Design and Development of content for various products.
- Plan the format, arrange the layout and write different types of manuals / online content in a clear and concise manner such as release notes, user guides, installation and configuration manuals.
- Participate in reviews of documentation and training materials for our products.
- Be technically savvy in the areas of documentation by being hands-on with new and current product features.
- Work with the Development team, User Experience team, and Product Managers to obtain source information and to ensure the development of high-quality content for all our deliverables.
- Research for relevant information independently.
- Be proficient in the usage of documentation tools & systems and aware of new technologies in documentation, industry best practices.
- Deliver the work allocated in time and with quality.
- Adhere to standards and processes as laid out by the department.
What we look for…
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a technical writer in IT field.
- Writing and technical skills in developing documentation and user assistance for print and online media.
- Proficient in written and spoken English language.
- Basic knowledge of various tools for design and content development including Confluence, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat or Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners.
- Flexible and able to make decisions and operate within fast-moving, startup-style environment.
- Goal oriented, organized, self-motivated, creative, with the ability to maintain rigor and precision while producing and editing highly-specialised material.
- Demonstrate a helpful, can-do attitude.